What Personal Information About Customers Does Homi Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation
to Homi Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might
not be able to take advantage of many of our Homi Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of
information about your use of Homi Services, including information about your
interaction with content and services available through Homi Services. Like many
websites and apps, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain
types of information when your web browser or device accesses Homi Services and other
content served by or on behalf of Homi on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other
sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to
correct our records more easily.
For What Purposes Does Homi Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and
services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and
handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you
about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Homi Services. We use your personal information to
provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and
effectiveness of the Homi Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features,
products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and
personalize your experience with Homi Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal
information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation
to Homi Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features,
products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that
personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
To enable our systems to recognize your browser or device and to provide and improve Homi
Does Homi Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the
business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal
information only as described below and with subsidiaries Homi, Inc. controls that either
are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described
in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products,
applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Homi Services.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform
functions on our behalf. Sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer
lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links
(including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, and
providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal
information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy
other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of
the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing
Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely
event that Homi, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer
information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Homi and Others: We release account and other personal information
when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our
Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of
Homi, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies
and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be
shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using
encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the
collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security
procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose
personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of
data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your
computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Homi Services may include
third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising
partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content,
advertising, and services.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information
that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Homi ads and to measure
their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies
you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device
identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your
advertising identifier and data about that event so that you will not be served an ad to
download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant
ads from other advertisers.
What Choices Do I Have?
Many of our Homi Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your
information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might
not be able to take advantage of many of the Homi Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages. When you update information, we usually
keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please unsubscribe
from any email. If you don’t want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust
your notification settings in the app or device.
- The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell you how to prevent your browser or
device from accepting new cookies or other identifiers, how to have the browser notify you
identifiers allow you to take advantage of some essential features of Homi Services, we
recommend that you leave them turned on.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access
to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us .
Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use Homi Services?
Homi does not sell services for purchase by children. We sell children's products for
purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Homi Services only with the involvement
of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under
the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
Homi, Inc. participates in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks.
California Consumer Privacy Act
to read additional disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Homi Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this
Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and
application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at
Homi, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our
business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our
websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice
applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises
we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less
protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Homi Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search for books in our app;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with an
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
- upload or stream images, videos or other files to Homi Services;
- use our services;
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features;
- provide and rate Reviews;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- personal description and photograph in your profile;
- images and videos collected or stored in connection with Homi Services;
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details,
including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for
streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and
any errors or event failures;
- Homi Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with
service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of
your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the
file name, dates, times and location of your images);
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites,
including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response
times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information
(such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and
our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we
use to correct our records and deliver your next communication more easily
- account information, purchase or redemption information; and
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- search results and links
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Homi Services include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, and password);
- payment settings (including payment card information, promotional certificate and gift card
- e-mail notification settings;
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized
- content that you recently viewed;
- Your Profile;