outlined below. When you create an Homi account or use Homi, you agree to these terms.
ARBITRATION NOTICE: YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING,
INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR
CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION. WE EXPLAIN SOME EXCEPTIONS AND HOW YOU CAN OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION BELOW.
The Homi Service
We agree to provide you with the Homi Service. The Service includes all of the Homi products,
features, applications, services, technologies, and software that we provide. The Service is
made up of the following aspects (the Service):
- Offering personalized opportunities to learn, connect, communicate, discover, and share.
- Fostering a positive, inclusive, and safe environment.
- Developing and using technologies that help us consistently serve our growing community.
- Ensuring a stable global infrastructure for our Service.
- Connecting you with brands, products, and services in ways you care about.
- Research and innovation.
We use the information we have to study our Service and
collaborate with others on research to make our Service better and contribute to the
well-being of our community.
collect, use, and share information across our services.
In return for our commitment to provide the Service, we require you to make the below commitments
Who Can Use Homi. We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want
it to be safe, secure, and in accordance with the law. So, we need you to commit to a few
restrictions in order to be part of the Homi community.
- You must be at least 13 years old.
- You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws or
engaging in payments related Services if you are on an applicable denied party listing.
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our
- You must not be a convicted sex offender.
How You Can't Use Homi. Providing a safe and open Service for a broad community requires that we
all do our part.
- You can't impersonate others or provide inaccurate information.
You don't have to
disclose your identity on Homi, but you must provide us with accurate and up to date
information (including registration information). Also, you may not impersonate someone you
aren't, and you can't create an account for someone else unless you have their express
- You can't do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorized
- You can't violate (or help or encourage others to violate) these Terms or our policies.
- You can't do anything to interfere with or impair the intended operation of the Service.
- You can't attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized
This includes creating accounts or collecting information in an automated way
without our express permission.
- You can't attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your
username) or solicit, collect, or use login credentials or badges of other users.
- You can't post private or confidential information or do anything that violates someone
else's rights, including intellectual property.
- You can't use a domain name or URL in your username without our prior written consent.
Permissions You Give to Us. As part of our agreement, you also give us permissions that we need
to provide the Service.
- We do not claim ownership of your content, but you grant us a license to use it.
is changing about your rights in your content. We do not claim ownership of your content
that you post on or through the Service. Instead, when you share, post, or upload content
that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection
with our Service, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable,
sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly
perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with
your privacy and application settings). You can end this license anytime by deleting your
content or account. However, content will continue to appear if you shared it with others
and they have not deleted it. To learn more about how we use information, and how to control
- Permission to use your username, profile picture, and information about your relationships
and actions with accounts, ads, and sponsored content.
You give us permission to show
your username, profile picture, and information about your actions (such as likes) or
relationships (such as follows) next to or in connection with accounts, ads, offers, and
other sponsored content that you follow or engage with, without any compensation to you. For
example, we may show that you liked a sponsored post created by a brand that has paid us to
display its ads on Homi. As with actions on other content and follows of other accounts,
actions on sponsored content and follows of sponsored accounts can be seen only by people
who have permission to see that content or follow. We will also respect your ad settings.
- You agree that we can download and install updates to the Service on your device.
Additional Rights We Retain
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we may change it if we
believe it is appropriate or necessary (for example, if it infringes someone's intellectual
property or impersonates another user).
- If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available
in our Service (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to
content you create or share), we retain all rights to our content (but not yours).
- You can only use our intellectual property and trademarks or similar marks as expressly
permitted by us or with our prior written permission.
- You must obtain written permission from us or under an open source license to modify, create
derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Content Removal and Disabling or
Terminating Your Account
- We can remove any content or information you share on the Service if we believe that it
We can refuse to provide or stop providing all or part of the Service to you (including
terminating or disabling your account) immediately to protect our community or services, or
you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, or where we are
permitted or required to do so by law. If you believe your account has been terminated in
error, or you want to disable or permanently delete your account, contact us.
- Content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies and will still
be visible where others have shared it. This paragraph, and the section below called "Our
Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree," will still apply even after your account is
terminated or deleted.
Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree
- If you use certain other features or related services, you will be provided with an
opportunity to agree to additional terms that will also become a part of our agreement. If
any of those terms conflict with this agreement, those other terms will govern.
- If any aspect of this agreement is unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect.
- Any amendment or waiver to our agreement must be in writing and signed by us. If we fail to
enforce any aspect of this agreement, it will not be a waiver.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Who Has Rights Under this Agreement.
- This agreement does not give rights to any third parties.
- You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent.
- Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our
ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
Who Is Responsible if Something Happens.
- Our Service is provided "as is," and we can't guarantee it will be safe and secure or will
work perfectly all the time. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ALSO DISCLAIM ALL
WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- We also don’t control what people and others do or say, and we aren’t responsible for their
(or your) actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or
objectionable content). We also aren’t responsible for services and features offered by
other people or companies, even if you access them through our Service.
- Our responsibility for anything that happens on the Service (also called "liability") is
limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our Service, we can't know
what all the possible impacts might be. You agree that we won't be responsible ("liable")
for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect,
exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if
we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or
account. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms will not exceed
the greater of $100 or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months.
- You agree to defend (at our request), indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any
claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable
attorney's fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with these Terms or your
use of the Service. You will cooperate as required by us in the defense of any claim. We
reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to
indemnification by you, and you will not in any event settle any claim without our prior
How We Will Handle Disputes.
- Except as provided below, you and we agree that any cause of action, legal claim, or dispute
between you and us arising out of or related to these Terms or Homi ("claim(s)") must be
resolved by arbitration on an individual basis. Class actions and class arbitrations are not
permitted; you and we may bring a claim only on your own behalf and cannot seek relief that
would affect other Homi users. If there is a final judicial determination that any
particular claim (or a request for particular relief) cannot be arbitrated in accordance
with this provision's limitations, then only that claim (or only that request for relief)
may be brought in court. All other claims (or requests for relief) remain subject to this
- Instead of using arbitration, you or we can bring claims in your local "small claims" court,
if the rules of that court will allow it. If you don't bring your claims in small claims
court (or if you or we appeal a small claims court judgment to a court of general
jurisdiction), then the claims must be resolved by binding, individual arbitration. The
American Arbitration Association will administer all arbitrations under its Consumer
Arbitration Rules. You and we expressly waive a trial by jury.
The following claims don't
have to be arbitrated and may be brought in court: disputes related to intellectual property
(like copyrights and trademarks), violations of our Platform Policy, or efforts to interfere
with the Service or engage with the Service in unauthorized ways (for example, automated
ways). In addition, issues relating to the scope and enforceability of the arbitration
provision are for a court to decide.
This arbitration provision is governed by the
Federal Arbitration Act.
You can opt out of this provision within 30 days of the date
that you agreed to these Terms. To opt out, you must send your name, residence address,
username, email address or phone number you use for your Homi account, and a clear statement
that you want to opt out of this arbitration agreement to us.
- Before you commence arbitration of a claim, you must provide us with a written Notice of
Dispute that includes your name, residence address, username, email address or phone number
you use for your Homi account, a detailed description of the dispute, and the relief you
seek. Before we commence arbitration, we will send you a Notice of Dispute to the email
address you use with your Homi account, or other appropriate means. If we are unable to
resolve a dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice of Dispute is received, you or we
may commence arbitration.
- For any claim that is not arbitrated or resolved in small claims court, you agree that it
will be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of
California or a state court located in San Mateo County. You also agree to submit to the
personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such
- The laws of the State of California, to the extent not preempted by or inconsistent with
federal law, will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law
We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions, but may use them without any restrictions or
obligation to compensate you for them, and are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
Updating These Terms
We may change our Service and policies, and we may need to make changes to these Terms so that
they accurately reflect our Service and policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we will
notify you (for example, through our Service) before we make changes to these Terms and give you
an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Then, if you continue to use the
Service, you will be bound by the updated Terms. If you do not want to agree to these or any
updated Terms, you can delete your account.
Revised: April 2, 2020